|Arrows of Chaos|
|Arrow of Law|
All that being said, here's a list of characteristics of my DCC RPG campaign cosmology...
- The universe exits in a state of war between the forces of Law and Chaos.
- Most mortal folks are left to be Neutral in the midst of the conflict.
- Good and Evil are not Law and Chaos
- Law and Chaos are not Good and Evil
- Good and Evil are choices that people make and can be relative to the chooser.
- Law sees life only as a circumstance that allows Law to be applied to it.
- Chaos sees life only as a circumstance upon which change can be enacted.
- Neutrality is the only world-view that holds life up as a good thing in itself.
- The goal of Chaos is to put all of existence into a state of flux. Wondrous pain and cruelty are signs that change is happening
- The goal of Law is to ensure that all of existence is in a state where all of its parts act according to the rule prescribed for them. Never changing, never growing. The abolition of free will is the earmark of Law succeeding.
- The goal of Neutrality is to see life flourish...organized enough to be civilized, changing enough to be free.